adsense

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Klipper's is NOT the Restaurant or Bar of the day for August 3, 2007 in St. Louis

Klipper's is the new restaurant where Tsevis' used to be. They might as well call it Tsevis' because it is the same menu and same look. The food was still unimpressive. I was never impressed by Tsevis' when that was there so I am still unimpressed by Klipper's. I though I would walk in and I would get a whole different feel from the place. I thought they would redo the menu into something more American, and make it into more of a sports bar. But they didn't, and left the same dark wood paneling up.

First lets start with the bar. We went here looking to have dinner and then stick around at the bar for some drinks also. We ordered drinks with dinner and saw that they were $3.25 for a beer, and decided that after dinner we would go somewhere else that was cheaper, because we were in South County and there is no way a beer should cost $3.25 at a bar like this in South County. I don't know who they think they are, but people are not going to pay a premium on beer to sit in a place like that.

I ordered the Philly style cheese steak and we also ordered the Salmon BLT wrap. It took forever. I did not think it would take that long for some simple items on the menu, considering only half of the dining room was full, if that. I added the salad onto my dinner for $1.99 and when it came out they also had bread come out with it. In the bread basket was a half eaten little container of butter. This was kind of disgusting, because after seeing that they probably use the same bread on multiple tables, if it doesn't get eaten. When the food finally did come we were not impressed. It was not that good, I could tell they cut corners on quality. The BLT Salmon Wrap was much better than the Philly, but still not as good as it could have been.

Prices: $30 for two sandwich plates, three drinks and a salad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I worked at Klipper's and they do not use the same bread over...I agree that the beer is over priced. I wish them well but they do have some things to change

Anonymous said...

Klippers is not Klippers anymore. New owners took it over that have been in the "friendly" resturant business for years and it hasn't been the same since. It is becoming The Place To Have Fun in south county. The food is great. The service is friendly. It seems everyone now enjoys coming to work there. And past customers are coming back like crazy. I had the Sunday Breakfast Buffet on one visit and it was GREAT!! They are adding new choices on the menu and deleting some old ones.