adsense

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

August 28, 2007: Jimmy John's is not the Restaurant of the Day in St. Louis for Today

Jimmy John's is a sub sandwich shop that is fairly new to the St. Louis area. On the inside of the Jimmy John's there are signs that try to be funny. Jimmy John's claims to make subs "so fast you will freak." It is not hard to make subs that fast when you have no options on what goes on the sub. I used to like Jimmy John's when they first came to St. Louis, but then I thought why am I eating this when I could be eating Penn Station or the countless number of other sandwich shops which serve both hot and cold sandwiches. You can't compare a Jimmy John's to a Penn Station, Penn Station is 10 times better. I guess my problem with Jimmy John's is that I got sick of their food. It doesn't sound good to me anymore.

Jimmy John's does have good bread. That is one thing that is good about them. They also have a variety of sandwiches, but it is basically a choice between cold turkey, roast beef, ham, or salami, and if I wanted one of those sandwiches I could find 10 other places I would rather get one. Their meats are average and the toppings are the usual lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise. When I go I get the Bootlegger Club. This is a turkey and roast beef sandwich, but it doesn't come with cheese, what a rip-off. I have to ask for cheese and it cost extra.

Prices: About $6.25 for a sandwich

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jimmy John's rocks!!!!