adsense

Monday, August 13, 2007

Crown Candy is Restaurant of the Week for August 12, 2007 in St. Louis

Crown Candy
1401 St. Louis Ave
St. Louis, MO 63106
314-621-9650

Crown Candy is still a favorite lunch, dinner and dessert place among the St. Louis people, despite their location. Located in North St. Louis City, and opened in 1913 this little hole in the wall place is a throwback to how things used to be. Everything is old, but it adds to the atmosphere of the place. Crown Candy is famous for their BLTs and desserts. If you go for lunch you better get there early. We went on a Sunday and got there at 11:30 and got the last table available. At about 12 o'clock the line was out the door waiting for tables.

I ordered the Roast Beef Melt and split it with my girlfriend who ordered the BLT. I also got a chocolate shake and my girlfriend got a chocolate and banana malt, which is much better than the chocolate shake that I ordered. The best thing about getting the shakes is that they serve it to you in the silvery mixing cup and you get a lot. The BLT had a ton of bacon on it. It was piled so high I could barely fit it into my mouth. It was very good. The roast beef melt was surprisingly juicy and loaded with melted cheese. Both sandwiches were very good.

Prices: Two sandwiches and two shakes for $20

No comments: