adsense

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Shogun Japanese Steak House is the Place to Eat in St. Louis

Shogun Japanese Steak House
10550 Baptist Church Road
St. Louis, MO 63128
Phone Number: 314-842-8889

For more restaurants be sure to visit www.stlstuff.com

I have never been to Shogun before, but I always have fun at the place where the people cook the food in front of you, so I was excited. We sat at a table that seats eight, there was six of us, so I felt sorry for the two people that were stuck with us. Inside Shogun there is a bar with a sushi bar. There are also tables around the bar area that do not have the grill, if you are looking to order something that is not cooked in front of you. We wanted to be entertained so we sat at the table with the grill. The menu for what you can order and have it cooked in front of you consists of chicken, steak, shrimp, scallops, and lobster. And they also have various combination of two meats. Most dinners came with fried rice, soup, salad, and two shrimp.

I ordered the combination of steak and scallops. Our salad and soup were the first things to come out. The soup was just a broth of some sort, but the salad had a good tasting oriental dressing to it. After we were done with the soup and salad the chef came out and brought all of the food. He started out by lighting a big fire on the grill and threw the rice on shortly after. When the rice went on the grill he also threw the vegetables on the grill, started chopping them up and throwing them at people. I didn't catch one. But, he did squirt a bunch of sake in my mouth out of the bottle. It was a nice surprise. I was expecting water, but it felt like I was in Cancun again with people blowing whistles and squirting alcohol down my throat. Back to the food. The chef did all of his little tricks and cooked the food, portioned it out and went about on his way.

The steak was very good and tender, but the best part of the meal was the scallops. These scallops were tender and delicious. Next time I go I am going to get all scallops. That's how good they were. All in all it was a great experience and I would go again.

Prices are a little expensive. It is about $20 for a dinner. Some are a little more and some are a little less.

No comments: