adsense

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

October 2, 2007: Assumption Greek Orthodox Church is the Place to Eat in St. Louis for Today

Assumption Greek Orthodox Church
1755 Des Peres Rd
Des Peres, MO 63131
Phone Number: 314-966-2255

Let me start off by saying I am neither Greek nor Orthodox, but this place was good. They only serve lunch on Fridays and it was one of the best lunches I have had in a long time. The Friday lunch is open to everyone. The place was packed with people, there were a lot of old people there, but there were some young people there as well. It is a cafeteria type setup, and I got to pick the food I wanted. They serve a variety of Greek food, check out the menu. It looks like they change the menu each week. I cannot wait until I am in West County on a Friday again, because I am definitely going to this place.

I got the Shrimp Saganaki with Rice and it was great. It was shrimp in a tomato sauce with feta cheese, all served over rice. I also got the Greek salad which good, and I had to try the Baklava, which was also very good. They also had gyros and a variety of other Greek food available as well. If you are in the West County area and are looking for a place to eat on Fridays, check out the Assumption Greek Orthodox Church.

Prices: $7 for the Shrimp Saganaki with Rice, and $3 for the salad

No comments: