adsense

Monday, October 8, 2007

October 8, 2007: Oktoberfest is the Place to Eat and Drink in St. Louis

Oktoberfest
8th and Lafayette in Soulard

Oktoberfest is a St. Louis tradition in Soulard. It is Located just south of the Soulard Farmers Market and is free to everyone. There are beer tents food tents and live music. There were people dressed up in their best German attire and dancing all around. Oktoberfest is a big party with big beers and live music everywhere. At the end of the night we almost got to see a chick fight. We were sitting under the big tent and out of nowhere these two chicks start yapping at each other. I don't know what it was about, but I wish I would have seen a chick fight. So close.

The beers were huge. They were served in the giant mugs and they were delicious. The mugs did cost $12 for the first one and $8 refills after that.

I may have had one of the best bratwurst that I have ever had. The brat that I had at Oktoberfest was great. The brat was huge and it was good. I don't know how they cooked it and I don't know how much it was. I couldn't really remember the end of the night, because I was smashed from the monster beers.

Go to Oktoberfest if you have a chance next year. Get the big beers and a brat, you will not be disappointed.

No comments: