adsense

Monday, September 10, 2007

September 9, 2007: Phelan's Pub and Grill is Not the Bar in St. Louis for Today

Phelan's Pub and Grill
1730 S. 8th Street
St. Louis, MO 63104
Phone number: 314-241-8282

For more information about bars and restaurants visit www.stlstuff.com

We had a terrible experience at Phelan's on Saturday night. Before I get into that I will tell you about the bar. Phelan's is located in the heart of Soulard, about a block south of the famous Farmer's Market. I have some friends that live in Soulard and I can see the place from their front door. We were there on Saturday night to watch the Cardinal's game because they have a few small T.V.s. Inside there is a small bar, some tables to sit, a golden tee machine, and dart boards. There eight of us that went and inside there was one other person at the bar.

The night started out fine, and we were ordering beers and mixed drinks like crazy. We watched the Cardinal's game and we were having a good time. There was a group of four of us that had all of our drinks on the same tab. When it came time to pay, the receipt was a hand written tally sheet with what we ordered. I was very skeptical of this system. The four of us, two couples, and we drank three buckets and 10 mixed drinks. The bartender brought the tab over and it said $152, when I tried to figure out what my girlfriend and myself needed to pay the bartender kept snatching the bill out of my hands and demanded payment. As I got more looks at this bill it read three buckets for $49 and 10 mixed drinks for $42. The bartender kept cussing at us and demanded that we pay $152. I said no, and that I am walking out if you don't add that up again. The bartender went and got a calculator, added it up and the amount came to under $100. I can't believe she tried to make us pay an extra $50. While all of this is going on she is still cussing at us and giving us the finger as she is running our credit cards. I definitely saved my receipt from this night. Needless to say she did not get any tip at all and we will not be giving that place any more business. The sad part for Phelan's is that we would bring a big group in every other weekend or so and we would be the only ones in there all night.

If you are thinking about going to a bar in Soulard do not go to Phelan's unless you want to get scammed and cussed at while trying to have some drinks and give the place some business.

Prices: I don't know they tried to scam us. Don't go to this bar.

No comments: