adsense

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

September 18, 2007: Kilroy's is the Bar in St. Louis, and The Cardinals' Game and Paddy O's are NOT the Places to Drink

Kilroy's
720 S. 7th Street
St. Louis, MO 63102
314-621-1960

I went to a Cardinals' game over the weekend and it is always a good time when the Cubs are in town. Before the game we went to the bar Kilroy was Here, which by the way is a terrible name for a bar. I don't know why they named it that, is it because that is what the rock opera was named by Styx? But, Kilroy's is a good place to drink before and after a Cardinals' game. Kilroy's has plenty of places to sit outside on their huge patio. The best part about Kilroy's is that they have $5 24 oz. cans. You can't beat that price anywhere else. Every time I walk by Kilroy's they are always cooking something that smells good. You can't beat the price of beer or the smell of bar-b-q any where else before or after the Cardinals game.

Prices: $5 for a 24 oz. beer

On to the places that will make you go broke.
Paddy O's
St. Louis, MO 63102
Phone number: 314-588-7313

We went to Paddy O's after the Cardinals' game, and we had to buy $8.50 beers in the Cardinals' game. But, Paddy O's is just as bad. Paddy O's is a bar that is on the south side of the Busch Stadium and has outside tents with bars underneath. At Paddy O's I had to pay $6 for a 16 oz beer and $7 for a Red Bull and Vodka in a little plastic cup. This place is a huge rip-off. We left and went to Kilroy's after the first drink. Even if I wanted another drink it would have taken forever to get one. The place was packed, so I guess that Paddy O's is doing something right. I wonder why people complain about paying such high prices at a St. Louis Cardinals' game and then come to this place and pay even higher prices.

Prices: $6 for a 16 oz beer, $7 for a Red Bull and Vodka

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kilroy's is the best place before and after the games (and even during if you just want to sit at the bar and catch the game) Great atmosphere Great fun!

> gotokilroys.com

Anonymous said...

Hey all! My name is Annie and I am a Kilroy! My family owns and operates Kilroy's and I just wanted to thank you for your very nice comments on our bar! It feels great to hear feedback and know how we are doing and even better that is is positive too! For anyone who may not know of us or have been to the bar we are located 500 feet south of the stadium next to Paddy O's. If you stop by you are most likely going to be greeted by either my mom dad brother or I. Excuse me my comma doesn't work on my keyboard! Anyway our name did generate from the saying "Kilroy was here" but not from the Styx ballad. We decided to pick that name for the bar because my family is very much into history and LOVE the World War II era of the Kilroy story. I won't get into the story too much but anyone who has extra time should definitely google it! It is so interesting and gives a lot of insight to our country's history! Again I wanted to say thank you to our loyal customers and welcome to anyone who is a newcomer! We love you all!

Annie and the Kilroy's Family

Anonymous said...

Annie, Brit and the entire staff at Kilroys are first class all the way. Best bar around the ballpark.