adsense

Thursday, September 13, 2007

September 12, 2007: The Side Bar is the Restaurant in St. Louis for Today

The Side Bar
1317 Washington Avenue
St. Louis, MO

The Side Bar on Washington was a borderline decision on whether I wanted to make it a Restaurant of the Day, or NOT the Restaurant of the Day.

As always visit www.stlstuff.com for more restaurants and bars
The Side Bar is located on the newest hotspot in St. Louis, Washington Avenue. Why can't St. Louis appreciate old bars and restaurants. Every thing has to be new in St. Louis for people to like it. I went there for lunch with some co-workers. It was a nice day so we sat outside on the patio. It was nice but it was also kind of annoying because there were 18 wheelers driving by and it was loud. I did not go inside but, it looked like they had a bunch of bar tables set up where people could eat. The service was fine, except for one thing. When the waitress came over and asked if we would like this on separate checks we said yes. The waitress got an attitude and stormed off. I wanted to tell her that if you didn't want to split the bill then don't ask, dumbass. The food was expensive for a lunch. I don't think there was a sandwich on the menu for under $8. But, my food was good, this is why it is the restaurant of the day today.

I ordered the fish tacos from The Side Bar, and it came with a side salad. The fish tacos were little chunks of fish with rice grilled inside of a tortilla. It came with a side of lettuce, tomato, jalapeno peppers, salsa, and sour cream. The fish tacos were very good, but I can't think of a way to mess fish tacos up. The side salad was good as well, after I had to ask for more dressing because they barely put any on it. A co-worker I went with ordered the house salad with chicken on it, and she said the chicken was chewy. Another co-worker ordered the chicken parmesan sandwich and liked it very much. All in all, I think this would be a good place to go have lunch if you are in the Downtown St. Louis area and don't mind spending a little extra money.

Prices: Almost $9 with tax for an order of fish tacos and a side salad

No comments: