adsense

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Great Steak and Potato Company is Restaurant of the Day for July 30 in St. Louis

Great Steak and Potato Company is in the food court in South County mall and they also have one in West County mall as well. They do not offer much to eat. They have a philly steak sandwich, chicken philly, gyros, baked potatoes, and fries. I have not eaten at this place in a while, but I remember it being very good.

I ordered the philly steak sandwich and was dissapointed. Maybe because I compared it to Penn Station, and this sandwich is not even close to Penn Station's Philly steak sandwich. For the meat it looked like they used a thin cut of meat like a "Steak-um", and the bread was not that great. I could tell that Penn Station uses high quality ingredients, because The Great Steak Company's sandwich did not compare.

When you are at a food court in a mall it is all about choices. I don't think I will be choosing this place to eat next time I am in the food court. There was something new that I saw in the Food Court at South County Center, and it was called D. Bubs ballpark grill, or something like that. I didn't look that closely but I wonder if they charge ballpark prices?

Prices: $7 for a sandwich, fries and a drink

No comments: