adsense

Friday, July 27, 2007

El Torero Mexican Restaurant is Restaurant of the Day for July 25

El Torero
Phone: 618-451-1177
3439 Nameoki Rd
Granite City, IL 62040

El Torero looks like a new Mexican restaurant in town. I think they try to hard to appeal to the American public, it is almost tacky. They have an American flag in their name, American flags in the writing in the booths, and all over the place. If I wanted American food I would of went to McDonald’s, but I want Mexican that is why I went here.

To start out they brought us some chips and salsa. The salsa was the best part. It was a little spicy, which is good, they were not scared to turn people off by the salsa being too spicy, unlike every other Mexican restaurant. The menu was very usual. It feels like if you have been to one Mexican restaurant you have been to them all. They have about 10 lunch specials which are very cheap. I ordered the lunch taco, thinking it was a taco because that is what the menu said, but when the server brought it out it was a taco salad. I was disappointed, and wondered why they would tease any one like that. I guarantee that someone else has done this same thing at this restaurant. So as you can tell they have bad descriptions on their menu. The taco salad was a shell filled with chicken, lettuce and sour cream. It was pretty plain for my taste. This place would be a place to go to if you are in the mood for Mexican, but it didn’t hit the spot for me.

Prices: I paid $4.50 for a lunch taco salad. Other than that the prices are just as much as any other Mexican place.

No comments: