adsense

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Red Burrito is the Place to Eat in St. Louis

Red Burrito

For more places to eat in and around St. Louis visit www.stlstuff.com

I have seen the Red Burrito's being put into the Hardee's locations over the past few years. I guess Hardee's can't live on their burgers alone. Didn't Hardee's try to differentiate themselves from all of the other fast food restaurants by just offering burgers and nothing else? Well I guess they are not concentrating on their burgers, because those are not even that good anymore. But, to put in a Red Burrito? That just goes against their whole plan.

Anyway, I went into Hardee's on Lemay Ferry, in the Deirberg's Plaza to get breakfast one day and I saw that they have a salsa bar for the Red Burrito part of the place. Any place that has a salsa bar, or sauce bar of any kind is one step ahead of the other restaurants. I like to get as much of something or as little of something as I would like.

Red Burrito is just like Taco Bell. I was really hoping that Red Burrito would have a fish taco, but to my disappointment they didn't. I ordered a soft taco, and a chicken quesadilla. They tasted just like Taco Bell. But, if I had a choice of going to Taco Bell and Red Burrito, I would choose Red Burrito. This is solely based on the fact that Red Burrito has a salsa bar. Taco Bell should really look into getting one of those. I bet they will do much better business.

Prices: One soft taco and a chicken quesadilla - $5.71

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just had Red Burrito for the first time today. I am never ordering from there again. The Hardees/Red Burrito that I went to was at Peerless Park (Fenton) August 21st, 2008 @ 1:45pm. I sat at the drive-thru for a while waiting for someone to take my order. Finally me and the car behind me park our cars and went inside.

The woman that took my order was polite, and when I told her about the drive-thru, she told the drive thru guy that he was slacking. His response was that he did not give a toss.

I ordered 2 hard shell tacos that were very lousy. The person who made the tacos put a LOT of sour cream and not much else on the tacos. The chips tasted horrible and the refried beans were all over the tacos. Also there was barely any rice.

For over five dollars, the only good thing about the meal/experience was the soda wasn't flat.