adsense

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Blues City Deli is the St. Louis Place to Eat

Blues City Deli
2438 McNair
St. Louis, MO 63104
Phone Number: 314-773-8225
Website

Blues City Deli is a great little deli that is close to Gravois and Highway 55. From the minute I walked into this place I knew this was a good deli. The feel of Blues City Deli encompasses what a deli should be. A deli should be simple. And this place is simple. There is a counter to order sandwiches and about 10 tables for customers to sit.

I arrived at about 11:30 and there was not a line and about 2 tables that were open. I walked right up to the counter and ordered my sandwich. But, by the time I left the place was packed and there were no seats available at all. The staff was friendly and brought my sandwich to me when it was ready. Blues City Deli has all of the sandwiches that you would expect from a deli. They have roast beef, turkey, salami, ham, meatball, and they have some original sandwiches like pulled pork.

I ordered the Italian beef and a salad with the house dressing. The salad was good. It was a bed of lettuce, provelone cheese, and tomatoes. The house dressing was an Italian dressing that was pretty good. The Italian beef was very good. The roast beef was very tender and the peppers were spicy. Blues City Deli is a great place to eat lunch in St. Louis. I can't wait to go back.

Prices: $4.95 for an Italian beef and $2.95 for a house salad.

No comments: