adsense

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Humphrey's Restaurant and Tavern is the St. Louis Place to Eat

Humphrey's Restaurant and Tavern
3700 Laclede Ave
St. Louis, MO 63108
Phone number: 314-535-0700

Humphrey's Restaurant and Tavern is a St. Louis University bar. It is close to the campus and frequently visited by St. Louis University students and other college students on weekends and big drinking nights. But, they also serve food. Humphrey's is a large place that is multileveled and has a nice feel to it. I wish the menu was a little bigger, but the food I had was good. The menu consisted of mostly appetizers, a few sandwiches and a few salads. The prices were just about where you would see other bar and grill prices.

I ordered the Philly sandwich. The menu stated that the Philly came with chips. I thought they would be the homemade style chips, but they were ruffles. Humphrey's should change their menu to say that the chips are not homemade, or they are ordinary potato chips. If I would have known they were ordinary potato chips, then I would have gotten fries. The Philly sandwich was good. The sandwich was covered in chese, but it was a little small. I left the place feeling a little hungry still. The sandwich is good, the chips were not, but I would eat there again.

Prices: About $6.50 for a Philly sandwich and chips

No comments: