adsense

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bellon's Market is the St. Louis Place to Eat

Bellon's Market, Deli and Pizzeria
904 S. Vandeventer
St. Louis, MO 63110

Bellon's Market is a deli located on Vandeventer close to the St. Louis University campus. This looks like a fairly new place and serves a wide variety of sandwiches, salads and pizzas. It is a wide open place inside with plenty of tables and chairs to eat. You order your sandwich or pizza at the counter, they make it behind the deli, and then they call your name when the food is ready. It is a pretty standard deli set up.

I ordered the Italian beef sandwich. It was a toasted hoagie piled with hot roast beef, onions, peppers, and cheese. It was good, not great, but it was a good sandwich. I also ordered the mustard potato salad. I expected a hint of mustard, but the potato salad was loaded with mustard and it was good. The only thing that was a drawback was that the prices were fairly high. A six inch sandwich, potato salad, and a drink will run about $9. The next time I go I want to try on of the pizzas. It looked like a St. Louis style pizza and it looked pretty good. I can't wait to go back.

No comments: