adsense

Monday, December 17, 2007

The St. Louis Rams are a Joke

I now see why the Edward Jones' Dome is so dull on a Sunday. The Packers had more fans at the Dome than the Rams did, and I don't blame Ram's fans. The music is the last thing the front office and the players of the Rams should be worried about. How about you fix the whole fan experience, and this starts on the field. How do the St. Louis Rams expect fans to get excited about such a dull product. Do something for me to get excited about. Don't expect me to get all excited when you can't tackle an opposing player.

Another thing that this franchise does not get is that everyone in the building represents the Rams. From the ushers, to the concession stand workers. Everyone of these workers seem to make the experience worse. I know that some of the concession stand workers are volunteers for fundraisers, but whoever started this concept is a moron. This is not little league baseball where parents have to work concession stand duty, this is an NFL football team. I started waiting in line for food about 5 minutes before kickoff. I didn't get to my seat until 5:30 left in the first quarter. The guy serving the food didn't care if anyone saw the game, he had to be there so he was going to work slow. When I did get to the line, I ordered some nachos and he only filled the cheese cup up half way. When I asked him to fill it up all the way he got an attitude and looked at me like I was asking too much. Let me pay you $6 for nachos and only put half the cheese in the container. That sounds like a good deal to me. These sports franchises don't get it. It would be better to hire people to work the stands and then just donate some money to the organizations. If the Rams were to hire people to work the stands then the lines would move faster, the Rams would make a lot more money, and they would not have so many pissed off fans. When I got back to my seat, I was angry. There was no way I would ever get excited for a product as terrible as the Rams franchise.

I loved the fact that I pay outrageously high prices for everything and don't get my monies worth. That is why people don't cheer or be loud at the games. Your franchise is gouging them for every cent they have. What a joke. Take a hint from the St. Louis Blues. While they still have outrageously high concession stand prices, the front office acts like they care about the fan.

No comments: