adsense

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Big Mama's Bar-B-Q is the Belleville, Illinois Place to Eat

Big Mama's BBQ
5110 N. Belt W
Belleville, IL 62226
Phone Number: 618-239-0695

For more restaurants be sure to visit www.stlstuff.com

Big Mama's BBQ is located in Belleville, IL in a small little corner place. The inside is a lot bigger than what it appears to be from the outside. Big Mama's is a sit down BBQ place that serves great food. I could see the meat smokers from the parking lot. The inside is decked out with chalkboard paint and written on the chalkboard are different specials that the restaurant offers. Inside of the restaurant it has the feeling of a down home restaurant, and that the people want to serve good food. Big Mama's BBQ is a great lunch spot and the food comes very quick.

I ordered the special. It was a pulled pork sandwich, one side, and a cup of chili. This only cost $4.99. The pulled pork sandwich was good, but the pork was already mixed in BBQ sauce. I wish they would leave the BBQ sauce off and let me add it if I want it. The chili was very good. And, the side I ordered was the corn casserole. This was corn and some corn bread mixed in. It was very sweet and very good. The place was great. It was cheap, and I would definitely go eat there again.

Prices: $4.99 for the lunch special

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

On behalf of my BBQ Crew (BanditBBQ.com) and the Illinois BBQ Society (ILBBQS.com), I'll have to check this place out! Sounds good.

Carpe 'Que,
Jim Rhino

Anonymous said...

Being from the fabulous Bellevegas, I can tell you from experience that yes, Big Mama's BBQ is fantastic. Not only are their regular pulled pork & chicken sandwiches amazing, but their open faced BBQ sandwich covered in cheese fries & their 2" thick, bigger than the plate pork chop are to die for. I am not usually a fan of cornbread (it's always so dry) but Big Mama's cornbread is something I'll never pass up! Don't miss this little place - it's awesome!

Anonymous said...

I found this place while out driving. My family and I stopped in. It had great tasting bbq and I must say it has great cornbread with the butter served. Its not dry at all. I love the bbq tips. I particularly dont like the white bread served underneath the meat. It makes things too soggy. But Overall, its one of the best places I've eaten at since arriving in Illinois.

Anonymous said...

You can get the sauce on the side, just ask =)